Churches must abide by copyright laws. Copyright laws are there to protect the rights of creators of content and to give credit where credit is due. We, especially as the Church, need to make sure we always follow copyright best practices and honor the work of others.
There are many great resources for copyright-free images. In our Graphic Design resource area there are many copyright free image resources available for your use. There are also paid services where you can purchase photos and images for your use.
Text, images, music, videos, etc that you find online are not free for you to use on your site or in your publications. You can quote material and cite the source; or you can simply add a link to the original source for more information and is a best practice for web content.
Copyright Guidelines for Churches
- Download Guide provided by leaderresources.org
- Why Churches Need to Consider Copyright Laws by Church Pension Group
- Fact Sheets from Christian Copyright Solutions
- Music Licensing Resources
- Streaming Copyright Licenses