The team will be able to construct an ongoing practice for growing spiritually including ways of assessing the individual growth. Team members will be able to:
1. Complete a Team and Individual Assessment and Learning Plan
2. Identify a spiritual companion or director.
Commit to regular meetings with a spiritual companion/director.
3. Develop a practice of reflecting theologically on daily and life experiences.
Examine and experiment with various methods of theological reflection (see appendix) and determine a method of theological reflection that is most helpful to you personally.
Share theological reflections regularly as a team.
4. Encourage members of the congregation to continue their spiritual growth.
Provide opportunities for congregation members to explore their spirituality and theological beliefs individually and as a group.
Provide opportunities for congregational members to reflect on their spiritual growth.
5. Develop and practice methods of sharing one’s faith story with members of the congregation.
Discern and practice a method of articulating one’s faith story.
Practice regular faith sharing with members of the Ministry Development Team.
Ability to communicate confidently about one’s faith with members of the congregation.
Practice faith sharing in the wider community.
Explore social media opportunities.
6. Explain and lead some form of Christian meditation
Examine and practice a variety of meditational methods including lectio divina and centering prayer.
Determine a method personally suitable to you and commit to regular practice.
Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation by Parker Palmer
Groundwork: Digging Deep for Change and Growth page 14 in this booklet