The team will be able to construct an ongoing practice for growing spiritually including ways of assessing the individual growth. Team members will be able to:
1. Complete a Team and Individual Assessment and Learning Plan
2. Identify a spiritual companion or director.
- Commit to regular meetings with a spiritual companion/director.
3. Develop a practice of reflecting theologically on daily and life experiences.
- Examine and experiment with various methods of theological reflection (see appendix) and determine a method of theological reflection that is most helpful to you personally.
- Share theological reflections regularly as a team.
4. Encourage members of the congregation to continue their spiritual growth.
- Provide opportunities for congregation members to explore their spirituality and theological beliefs individually and as a group.
- Provide opportunities for congregational members to reflect on their spiritual growth.
5. Develop and practice methods of sharing one’s faith story with members of the congregation.
- Discern and practice a method of articulating one’s faith story.
- Practice regular faith sharing with members of the Ministry Development Team.
- Ability to communicate confidently about one’s faith with members of the congregation.
- Practice faith sharing in the wider community.
- Explore social media opportunities.
6. Explain and lead some form of Christian meditation
- Examine and practice a variety of meditational methods including lectio divina and centering prayer.
- Determine a method personally suitable to you and commit to regular practice.
- “Spiritual Direction”
- “Finding a Good Fit in a Spiritual Director”
- “What is Theological Reflection?”
- “Theological Reflection -- What Others Say”
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation by Parker Palmer
- “What is Spiritual Direction?”
- “Methods of Theological Reflection”
- Ministry Reflection Group Handbook
- Sharing a Brief Faith Story
- Groundwork: Digging Deep for Change and Growth page 14 in this booklet
- What is Lectio Divina?
- Lectio Divina
- Centering Prayer
- How to Pray
- Centering Prayer